1. DERIAN HOUSE
Derian House Children’s Hospice (referred to as “we”, “us” “our” or “Derian House”) is a charitable organisation with the purpose of ‘to help children and young people, whose lives are too short, to make happy memories in an environment of fun, respect and, high quality care’. Derian House is the promoter of the GREAT BIG HOUSE GIVEAWAY prize draw.
Our ethos is to make sure that every child and young person who comes to Derian House Children’s Hospice is able to make the very most of the time they have.
Your Entry Fee to the GREAT BIG HOUSE GIVEAWAY supports the work of Derian House Children’s Hospice in caring for children with life limiting and life-threatening conditions and supporting their families through the most difficult of times.
100% of income generated, less reasonable marketing and administration costs, will be received by Derian’s House Children’s Hospice for the ongoing care of our children, young people and families.
All questions and concerns regarding these Terms and Conditions should be directed to GBHG@derianhouse.co.uk or GBHG Prize Draw, Derian House Children’s Hospice, Chancery Road, Astley Village, CHORLEY, PR7 1DH.
2. THE PRIZE DRAW
The title of the prize draw is THE GREAT BIG HOUSE GIVEAWAY.
The winner will receive a 3-bedroom detached family home in Green Hills, Blackburn with an estimated value of £250,000 at the date of these Terms and Conditions, which has been donated to Derian House Children’s Hospice by Kingswood Homes (UK) Limited. Of Unit 8, Bridge Court, Liverpool New Road, Little Hoole, Preston, Lancashire, PR3 5JT Kingswood Homes (UK) Limited intend the house to be ready by the end of 2022. The house will not be furnished but will come with a ten-year NHBC warranty.
The prize includes the cost of stamp duty land tax, land registry fees and reasonable conveyancing fees. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is available.
All entries into THE GREAT BIG HOUSE GIVEAWAY PRIZE DRAW have an equal chance of winning.
3. ENTERING THE GREAT BIG HOUSE GIVEAWAY
Website Entry – paid
All paid entries must be made using our online entry system on our website www.derianhouse.co.uk. Select the "enter now" button. All paid entries must be made via our online entry system. Do not send paid entries by post. If we receive monies with postal entries, we are unable to return them, or process it as payment they will be deemed to be a donation to the charity and will not be returned to you.
How to enter online:
- Select your entry fee amount. Each entry fee amount will stipulate the number of entry tickets you will receive. Entries tickets are available in bundles which will vary in size dependant on the entry fee amount you select. This is subject to a maximum of £150 in any one entry.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your name, contact details and payment information.
- Complete your payment. Once your payment is complete, you will automatically receive your entry confirmation including the number of entry tickets you selected. You can enter the Great Big House Giveaway Prize Draw as many times as you wish with a maximum of £150 in any one entry.
Postal Entry - free
Write your name, full address including post code, contact phone number and email address on a blank sheet of paper or postcard. This needs to be written very clearly and illegible or partially legible entries will be deemed invalid. Postal entries must be received by us by the closing date set out in section 9 and we have no liability for lost, late or delayed entries or for entries received with postage due, all of which will be ineligible for entry into The Great Big House Prize Draw and confidentiality destroyed. We will not inform you if your entry is rejected. No printed or other mechanically produced entries will be accepted.
Send the sheet of paper in an envelope or postcard to the following address:
Derian House Great Big House GiveawaySterling Management Centre LimitedFurness GateFurness Business ParkBarrow-in-FurnessCumbriaLA14 2PE
You are responsible for postage costs.
A maximum of one entry can be made per postcard or envelope received. There is no limit to the number of entries that may be made by post.
Once a postal entry has been accepted it will be processed and entered into the GREAT BIG HOUSE GIVEAWAY prize draw.
Postal entries will be treated in exactly the same way as paid entries for the purposes of determining a winner and each postal entry has the same chance of winning as each paid entry.
All entries whether made online or by post must reach us by the entry date (see section 7 for details).
Please note the following regarding entries:
- You must provide all of the information required on entry to be eligible to enter and win.
- Multiple participants must not share the same email address and entry into the prize draw is restricted to one valid email address per participant. If there is a dispute as to the identity of any prize draw entrant or winner, the authorised account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorised account holder” is the person assigned to the email address by the relevant internet access provider, online service provider or other organisation responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
- Entries that specify an invalid, non-working or inactive email address will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win.
- Only fully correctly completed entries submitted during the period set out in condition 9 and (for online entries only) where you have received a confirmation of entry are deemed valid entries. Confirmations are not sent out for postal entries but will be entered into the prize draw provided they meet the criteria.
If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure takes place when purchasing entries online, Derian House takes no responsibility for incomplete purchases and any incomplete purchases will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw. Derian House takes no responsibility for purchases or free entries which are not completed, not received or ineligible for any reason.
Entry into the GREAT BIG HOUSE GIVEAWAY PRIZE DRAW is only open to individuals who:
- are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry;
- are legal residents in the United Kingdom; and
- are not a defined “Prohibited Persons” listed below at the time of the drawing of the winner of the prize draw.
A. Prohibited persons. The following individuals are explicitly excluded from eligibility to participate in the Great Big House Giveaway Prize Draw. Note that in this section “immediate families” means spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses regardless of where they reside.
- Any employees or trustees of Derian House Children’s Hospice and their immediate families at the time of entry.
- Any employees or directors of Kingswood Homes (UK) Limited and their immediate families at the time of entry.
- Any employees or directors of Sterling Management Centre Limited or their immediate families.
- Any individual who, in our reasonable opinion is likely to bring Derian’s House Hospice into disrepute by becoming a winner of the Great Big House Giveaway Prize Draw including (for example) anyone who has been convicted of a serious criminal offence.
5. HOW OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. We reserve the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
6. SELECTING A WINNER
A winner will be chosen using a random number generator which is a verifiable random process operated by Sterling Management Centre Limited for among all eligible entries received, which will be made by Kingswood Homes UK Limited on Friday 16th of September and announced on Saturday 17th September 2022.
We must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place we will send the surname and county of anyone who emails us at GBHG@sterlinglotteries.co.uk or writes to us at Sterling Management Centre Limited, Sterling Management Centre Limited, Furness Gate, Furness Business Park, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 2PE enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month of the closing date stated in condition 9, unless the individual in question has made a valid objection to their surname being used for this purpose.
Our decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and we will not enter into any correspondence about it.
7. COMMUNICATING WITH AND ANNOUNCING A WINNER
We will notify the winner by email or telephone (using the details provided at entry) promptly and in any event within seven days of the draw. If the winner does not respond to us within 14 of days of us notifying them then they will forfeit the prize and we will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process set out above. The winner will receive the prize once the appropriate legal process to transfer it to the winner has been completed.
8. YOUR DATA AND PUBLICITY
Personal data that you provide during the course of this promotion will be processed as set out in our privacy notice. If you win the prize draw, we will publish your surname and county as set out in these Terms and Conditions. If you object to either or all of your surname and county being published or made available as set out in condition 6, please contact us on GBHG@DerianHouse.co.uk or GBHG Prize Draw, Derian House Children’s Hospice, Chancery Road, Astley Village, CHORLEY, PR7 1DH. Even if you object, we are obliged to provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
If you enter more than once, you should check our privacy notice as we may make changes to it.
If you win, we would like to involve you in after the event publicity but your agreement to do so is not a pre-condition of entry into the prize draw.
9. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE
Entries for the GREAT BIG HOUSE GIVEAWAY Prize Draw will be open from 09.00 on Tuesday 3rd August 2021 and will close at 23.59 on Monday 13th September 2022 (online entries) and 5pm on 8th September 2022 (postal entries). No entries received after this will be accepted.
10. CANCELLING OR CHANGING THE PRIZE DRAW
We may hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the prize draw if it becomes necessary to do so. If we need to make changes, we will publish them on our website. If we exercise our discretion to cancel the prize draw, we will refund entry fees.
If you have any questions or complaints about the prize draw or anything else connected with these terms and conditions please contact us at GBHG@derianhouse.co.uk. Complaints will be dealt with following our complaints policy which you can find here.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The GREAT BIG HOUSE GIVEAWAY prize draw is governed by English law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts. However, if you live in another part of the United Kingdom, you may bring legal proceedings in respect of these terms either in the English courts or your local courts.